sábado, 12 de mayo de 2007

Intro

I have officially begun a new chapter in my life, full of learning, observations, and lessons in life. After living in New York for the past eight years, I was desperate to see life through a different lens and live my life in another way. I was becoming way too spoiled in every way imaginable and feeling increasingly uncomfortable with that because I was losing touch with what I have known for so long that I have wanted to do- help those who are less fortunate and be a part of their struggle for social justice.

This is where I not only want to be but where I need to be: Quetzaltenango (Xela), Guatemala

To a certain extent, I am spoiled for being here. I did not leave my family and friends behind due to arduous economic or political circumstances. This was a choice I made. I am fortunate to have the opportunity to do this and to know that I can go back whenever I want.

3 comentarios:

Tina Guerricagoitia dijo...

Raquel,
We love and miss you and are so happy to have the opportunity to read of your daily life on this blog. Take care of yourself and enjoy this venture.
Love Tina Xabi Olivia Roberto & Antonio

Tina Guerricagoitia dijo...

You know we are dying to see some photos!!! :) xoxo Tina

Failing Upwards dijo...
Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.